The human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art.
Leonardo da Vinci
Reflexology is a complementary therapy which helps maintaining physical and emotional wellbeing. It can complement medical treatments and provide support throughout life’s challenges.
Reflexology also helps people living with illnesses. Its holistic approach means that the whole person is treated not just the symptoms.
Reflexology is based on the principle that there are reflex points in the feet and hands which relate to every organ in the body. Deep pressure on these points:
- Reduces stress and tension
- Increase blood supply to affected organs and improves circulation
- Helps to rid the body of toxins
- Helps the body to achieve balance
Reflexology is equally beneficial for adults of all ages, teenagers and children.
Here are some of the health benefits from reflexology
- Brings relief from stress, anxiety and insomnia.
- Helps improving cognitive health.
- Reduces severity of migraines and headaches.
- Beneficial for pre-conception, fertility and during pregnancy.
- Helps with hormonal problems (PMT, peri-menopause and menopause symptoms).
- Helps to improve body’s metabolism.
- Eases side-effects of heavy treatments such as chemotherapy.
Posts – Sole to Soul
‘Is ADHD a biological-neurological disorder? Surprisingly, the answer to this question depends on whether you live in France or in the U.S.’ In her article in Psychology Today, Professor Marilyn Wedge presents the cultural differences between America and France in…